Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Rman Backup job report for all databases
Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651455] Wed, 18 May 2016 04:13 Go to next message
royalyogi

Thanks guy for your excellent support and suggestion

Need to generate rman backup job reports for all databases(100+ databases).
Kindly provide the steps to generate rman backup job report for all databases.

Thanks u guys in advance.
Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651458 is a reply to message #651455] Wed, 18 May 2016 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

If you have no RMAN repository you have to connect to each databases.
Otherwise you can query RMAN repository catalog views.

Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651484 is a reply to message #651458] Thu, 19 May 2016 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
royalyogi

Thank you for your support.
If possible please provide me simple script(steps) where automatic this query can execute in rman repository catalog and trigger a mail of backup job status.

Thanks u
Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651487 is a reply to message #651484] Thu, 19 May 2016 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

It could be possible but
1/ It depends of what you actually want
2/ It'd be better for you to study the views and find the query/queries by yourself (and post it/them here to share with others).

To mail, just use UTL_MAIL.

Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651488 is a reply to message #651487] Thu, 19 May 2016 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
royalyogi

I want, Auto trigger mail of backup job status report of all databases as below

Job Report Format:
Date, Job Name(or Database Name), Job status

Really u guys helping me a lot.
Thank u
Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651489 is a reply to message #651488] Thu, 19 May 2016 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651491 is a reply to message #651488] Thu, 19 May 2016 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
royalyogi wrote on Thu, 19 May 2016 06:48
I want, Auto trigger mail of backup job status report of all databases as below

Job Report Format:
Date, Job Name(or Database Name), Job status

Really u guys helping me a lot.
Thank u

What should this "trigger" be? When and why should the mail be sent?

As for the report itself, have you looked at the views in the recovery catalogue yet? THey are named RC_%.

(by the way, please do not use abbreviations such as "u" for "you". They are not appropriate in a professional forum).
Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651493 is a reply to message #651491] Thu, 19 May 2016 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
royalyogi

if v are daily getting backup job report on mail so it is easy and whoever available that time. they will take care. No need daily to login recovery catalog and run script. So making it auto is easier for all. i think u know also

Thanks
Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651496 is a reply to message #651493] Thu, 19 May 2016 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

We have been told to NOT use abbreviations, so comply.
In addition, I don't know if John will understand your post, I don't.

Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651517 is a reply to message #651496] Thu, 19 May 2016 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
We are trying to lead you to a point of more self-sufficiency, to help make you a better DBA. Instead you seem to want to be spoon-feed and thus remain forever as a Junior DBA. This is not good for your career.
In addition, you are blatantly ignoring requests to drop the "IM-speak" and write like a professional.

You have three separate and distinct issues to address.
First, You talk about 'triggering' this report.
Second, you need to write a query against your rman catalog to produce the report.
Third, you need to be able to email the report.

For the triggering event, What event do you envision as triggering it? Are you aware of Oracle job scheduling capabilities?

For the query, you've been directed to look at the recovery catalog views. They are documented in Chapter 5 of Database Backup and Recovery Reference. Now that you've been given that lead, the professional thing to do is to follow up and find the views that have the information you need to include in your report. Exercise for the student: Present a list of specific data needed in the report, and the RC_* views that contain that data.

For the emailing of the report, you've been told to use utl_mail. Now that you've been given that lead, the professional thing to do is to follow up and read the documentation on utl_mail. It is documented in PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference. Exercise for the student: List the specific pre-requisites to using utl_mail - packages that need to be installed, initialization parameters to be set, etc.

We will be glad to help you with specifics when you get stuck but we need to see a bit of initiative on your part. It's called "developing a professional attitude."

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2016 07:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Rman Backup job report for all databases [message #651747 is a reply to message #651517] Tue, 24 May 2016 06:17 Go to previous message
gazzag
If you're running Cloud Control 12c you could use Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher to generate a report on all databases.
Previous Topic: Reset SCN
Next Topic: Why did rman complain about archivelog not available based on the current retention policy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:07:50 CDT 2024