Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Getting OUI - 10150:runtime exception while setting s_dlgCfgNamingLabelSIDn
Getting OUI - 10150:runtime exception while setting s_dlgCfgNamingLabelSIDn [message #653398] Mon, 04 July 2016 12:34
Tiana0000
Hi all, im getting the above errror when trying to add component to my previous Oracle 11g installation.
I followed user 806917 thread in 'https://community.oracle.com/thread/1068423'
It says..

Example:
I go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/index.html and download the 11gR2 installer zip files to my linux machine. I then unzip the installer zip files into a directory called /stage/11.2.0 and run OUI. OUI installs the dbms into a directory called /u01/oracle/11.2.0.

At some later time, I need to install additional features into my existing dbms installation at /u01/oracle/11.2.0. If I run OUI from the /u01/oracle/11.2.0 directory, OUI will generate the OUI-10150 error and fail. This happens because Oracle no longer allows running OUI directly from the dbms installation.

To avoid this error, I instead run OUI from /stage/11.2.0. When OUI runs, I specify the oracle home at /u01/oracle/11.2.0 and install the required additional features. OUI now completes successfully!

My questions are;

1) what type of installation is it?
Create new and config...
Install database software only
Upgrade an exiting database

2) Do i specify a new oracle base and oracle home path different from the previous path? because im not allowed to move forward without changing it( kindly note the bold text in user 806917 msg, the paths are the same)
3) At what point (or window box) do i select the component(s) i want to install? It doesn't give the 'Custom' option for me to install specific component.

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic: Second Oracle 12c install on same server, db or instance?
Next Topic: Find Out Tablespace Least Busy Period
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:58:15 CDT 2024