Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Intercept connection to Oracle DB (Oracle)
Intercept connection to Oracle DB [message #656781] Tue, 18 October 2016 16:21 Go to next message
praveen251985
Hello,
Below is what I am trying to achieve:
1. User makes a connection request to Oracle DB (It can be from an application)
2. I need to build a interceptor where I can intercept the request (might be TCP/IP request), then get the AD groups of that particular user.
3. This needs to be happen just before the connection to Oracle DB since I need to make use of AD groups in my further workflow.
4. Is this possible to achieve? Do we have any such listeners which listens to user request, intercept it and runs the custom logic?

Can you please provide some pointers on this?

Thanks,
Praveen Katta
Re: Intercept connection to Oracle DB [message #656783 is a reply to message #656781] Tue, 18 October 2016 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan

Welcome to this forum

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:
OraFAQ Forum Guide
How to use {code} tags and make your code easier to read

I doubt that you'd be successful writing any "interceptor".
I suggest you incorporate the desired logic into the application.
Re: Intercept connection to Oracle DB [message #656785 is a reply to message #656781] Wed, 19 October 2016 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I agree with BlackSwan but assuming you can do it, you get AD groups at step 2, how will use them in 3? How the process which get AD groups at step 2 will make you know these groups at step 3? How your workflow will know them?

Re: Intercept connection to Oracle DB [message #656812 is a reply to message #656783] Wed, 19 October 2016 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
praveen251985
Thank you for getting back to me. I cannot write it in application since there are multiple applications and I want all the requests from these applications go via a common logic (which could be .net component/java component/oracle plug-in) before it just hits oracle db. So I require a listener which listens to user requests to db connection and triggers an event which could call a custom logic. Is this possible to achieve?
Re: Intercept connection to Oracle DB [message #656815 is a reply to message #656812] Wed, 19 October 2016 16:28 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
praveen251985 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2016 12:45
Thank you for getting back to me. I cannot write it in application since there are multiple applications and I want all the requests from these applications go via a common logic (which could be .net component/java component/oracle plug-in) before it just hits oracle db. So I require a listener which listens to user requests to db connection and triggers an event which could call a custom logic. Is this possible to achieve?
You are free to write what ever software that meets your requirements.

AFAIK there is no COTS solution.

What is Plan B if nobody can implement your pipe dream?
Previous Topic: Instance "ASH2", status BLOCKED, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Next Topic: TNS protocol packet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:25:48 CDT 2024