Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Form application deployment (suit 10g)
Oracle Form application deployment [message #661853] Tue, 04 April 2017 03:25 Go to next message
kraviranj
Hi,

I am new to IT field and learning Oracle forms and have created a small application.

Now, I want to deploy it to a server. I have server name and it's IP address available (kind of rented as I cannot afford one Smile).

Please guide me how to deploy it there and how can i make it available to some users.

Please let me know if any other details required. Thank you very much!
Re: Oracle Form application deployment [message #661856 is a reply to message #661853] Tue, 04 April 2017 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
10g? You'll have to install Oracle Application Server and deploy your application. Have a look at the following document: Oracle Application Server Forms Services - Deployment Guide 10g R2 (10.1.2)

I've never done that, but - as far as I can tell - OAS installation is not a simple task. Hopefully, someone experienced will be able to help if you need assistance.
Re: Oracle Form application deployment [message #661869 is a reply to message #661856] Tue, 04 April 2017 13:02 Go to previous message
joy_division
Littlefoot wrote on Tue, 04 April 2017 05:10

I've never done that, but - as far as I can tell - OAS installation is not a simple task. Hopefully, someone experienced will be able to help if you need assistance.
You'll have to hire someone to do that for you, OP. New to IT? Then there is no chance you'll get it to work. I spent close to 2 months with it and had to finally give up and have an external consultant to do it.

Plus, unless you have a current Premier service contract (I believe) with Oracle, you will not even be able to get Oracle Application Server 10g, a very outdated product.
Previous Topic: LIST ITEM
Next Topic: How to change base html page for Oracle Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:36:27 CDT 2024