Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » installation of database and weblogic server 12c on same linux machine (oracle linux 6)
installation of database and weblogic server 12c on same linux machine [message #668231] Tue, 13 February 2018 14:48 Go to next message
msaleem

Hi all

i want to install 12c database (already installed) and weblogic server on same oel6 machine

i have already installed the database, its working fine.

when we try to install the weblogic server and changed the variables in .bash_profile I found a conflict, both Db and weblogic have ORACLE_HOME variable but with different path.

when i setthe oracle_home for weblogic and restart the machine DB fails to startup.

it all done after database installation before weblogic server installation.

i did not start the weblogic installation due to this conflict

can anyone guide me for the solution

[Updated on: Tue, 13 February 2018 14:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: installation of database and weblogic server 12c on same linux machine [message #668247 is a reply to message #668231] Wed, 14 February 2018 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I always run a shell script to set the variables appropriately for the work I want to do. Much better than putting stuff in your .bash_profile
Re: installation of database and weblogic server 12c on same linux machine [message #668248 is a reply to message #668247] Wed, 14 February 2018 09:21 Go to previous message
msaleem

thankx John

but at the same time we need both ORACLE_HOME.

we made another user named orafmw and set all related parameters in .bash_profile. installation of webligoic and forms were ok.

But when i start to create domain using repository (rcb), it does not connect to the database.

dont know what did i missed ?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 February 2018 09:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How Can I access my application in client
Next Topic: Not Found OracleJSP: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Set the init-param debug_mode to "true" to see t
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:23:45 CDT 2024