Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Missint init.ora
Missint init.ora [message #66076] Mon, 05 November 2001 11:13 Go to next message
Gitte AAsen
Hello, I hope someone can help me:
I have installed Oracle8i Client for Windows NT on my PC. I have Win98, not NT, but according to the documentation should that work. But I can't log in to anything, not even as Scott with tiger as password. I have located my listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora, but there is no init.ora.
I guess that this missing file is my problem, but how should I solve it? And why is it missing, is this a problem caused by win98? I have tried to reinstall Oracle, but have encountered the same problem every time.
This is a huge problem, I am supposed to learn SQL for an exam next month, and I am pretty desperate to get Oracle to work so that I can practise for my exam!
In advance:
Thank You,
regards, Gitte AAsen

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Missint init.ora [message #66098 is a reply to message #66076] Sat, 10 November 2001 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
sir,
i think you only install the oralce cilent
in your machine.so that you have to configure the
net80.i.e edit the tnsnames.ora file for the host
string

username: system
password: manager
host string : your host string which you set in the tnsnames.ora file

k.sreenivasan

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Missint init.ora [message #66630 is a reply to message #66076] Fri, 13 September 2002 01:21 Go to previous message
fafa
Hey, have you thought about the database you are going to log into? You should configure your Oracle client to access any running database in any Oracle server you have to locate. For this purpose you can use OEM for example. Otherwise, why not installing the Oracle Server on your own PC and let it do anything for you by choosing the default installation type.

Enjoy your Oracle, and good luck for your exam!
Previous Topic: Smaller size for 9i client software?
Next Topic: Re: make sure you use the TO_DATE('character_string', 'format')
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:14:04 CDT 2024