Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Where can Net8 be downlaoded
Where can Net8 be downlaoded [message #66380] Fri, 10 May 2002 03:41 Go to next message
M. Abdhul Saleem
SqlPlus 8.1.6 redhat linux version is installed in a Linux machine. I have installed Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle in a Win98 machine from where i want to connect sqlplus. Net8 client is not available in win98 machine. Can you tell me the url from where i can download the Net8 for win98. If someother way is there to connect, please tell me.
Re: Where can Net8 be downlaoded [message #66384 is a reply to message #66380] Fri, 10 May 2002 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan - OCP
Hi,

I am not sure why u need Net8 and ODBC Driver if only want to use sqlplus. Correct me if i am wrong, based on your description, u want to use sqlplus, right? or do u want to use Net8?

If you only want to use sqlplus, try use telnet and login with a user with DBA privelge. start the sqlplus under this path:
$ORACLE_HOME/bin

You dont need ODBC or Net8 if u want to use sqlplus. However, if you want to management your oracle with GUI, it would be a different story.

Hope it helps.
Re: Where can Net8 be downlaoded [message #66524 is a reply to message #66380] Sun, 21 July 2002 21:17 Go to previous message
Ashutosh Dogra
Hi,

i am also facing the same problem i have a three tier application where my perl scripts are running on a Linux server and Database is on NT server.
now i need to acces the database.do i need net8 client to be installed on the Linux machine so that i can connect to the remote database..??
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string
Next Topic: Re: Please help, Oracle Error TNS -12535 !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:31:51 CDT 2024