Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQLConfigDataSource giving problems with Oracle ODBC
SQLConfigDataSource giving problems with Oracle ODBC [message #66441] Wed, 12 June 2002 15:25 Go to next message
Anil
Hello, I am trying to configure DSN through my application, and nothing I tried seems to work. Here's what I am doing:
CString odbcDriverName = ""Oracle in OraHome90"
CString attributes = "DSN=OracleDRDB;HOST=localhost;PORT=1521;UID=system;PWD=Anil;SERVER=DRight;"
(SQLConfigDataSource(NULL, ODBC_ADD_SYS_DSN, odbcDriverName, attributes)),
datails:
1.Database process is running on localmachine.
2.I have a TNS Listener running, and was able to create a SystemDSN usinf ODBC DataSourceAdministrator dialog, but doesn't work when I try thro' my application. I am particularly NOT clear with key words in 'attributes' field
I get the error code as ODBC_ERROR_REQUEST_FAILED, when I tried SQLInstallerError(...) function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks/Anil.
Re: SQLConfigDataSource giving problems with Oracle ODBC [message #66442 is a reply to message #66441] Wed, 12 June 2002 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive SQLConfigDataSource is part of the installer API provided by Microsoft. does it use the Oracle ODBC driver??.
anyhow
HOWTO: Create ODBC Data Sources Using SqlConfigDataSource may be helpful to u.
Re: SQLConfigDataSource giving problems with Oracle ODBC [message #66446 is a reply to message #66441] Fri, 14 June 2002 14:54 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
actually my knowledge with anything that is not oracle is very very limited.
anyhow as per your posting
CString odbcDriverName = ""Oracle in OraHome90"
is this the driver Name?
i beleive you need to give a valid driver name.
example
CString odbcDriverName = "{Oracle ODBC Driver}"
and also do check your syntax for using curley brackets etc
( you have used double quotes twice )
Previous Topic: TNS:could not resolve service name
Next Topic: Re: ÈçºÎ½¨Á¢Ò»¸öÊý¾Ý¿âÁ´£¿
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:40:55 CDT 2024