Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Running
Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Running [message #67101] Sat, 27 September 2003 06:34 Go to next message
Arvind Bhandari
Here we have a Two Server with different operating system and different versions of ORACLE

1 server contains SCO UNIX 5.0 with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 and
2 server Contains WINDOWS 2000 with ORACLE 9i.

We have a problem related with listner Services is not running on UNIX Machine and when i connect from 9i Server/ or any windows Client Machine by giving host Name(Through TNSNAMES.ORA we have already Defined host String by giving Host Name/ IP Address and SID Name) it gives a error "NO Listner"
so we tried to Start Listner Service on UNIX Machine it gives Error : I am writing the Following Procedure
to start listner Services on UNIX Machine

$ lsnrctl

LSNRCTL for AT&T System V/386: Version 2.1.6.0.0 - Production on 27-SEP-03 15:32
:49

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994. All rights reserved.

Welcome to LSNRCTL, type "help" for information.

LSNRCTL> start
Starting /u1/oracle/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...

TNSLSNR for AT&T System V/386: Version 2.1.6.0.0 - Production
NL-00462: error loading parameter file /etc/listener.ora
NL-00405: cannot open parameter file
SNL-00016: snlfohd: error opening file
AT&T System V/386 Error: 13: Permission denied

is any Guys makes solution for that

Arvind
Re: Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Runn [message #67102 is a reply to message #67101] Mon, 29 September 2003 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
your listener configuration is having issues.
make sure 'oracle' user  has read and write permissions in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
and check whether listener.ora is healthy.

Re: Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Runn [message #67283 is a reply to message #67101] Thu, 01 April 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sumit
please send me installation steps in shell scripting
of oracle 7 workgroup on sco open unix operating system
thanks
sumit
Re: Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Runn [message #67285 is a reply to message #67283] Thu, 01 April 2004 20:16 Go to previous message
Arvind Bhandari
Hi Sumit, thanks for taking Interest. Actually the machine in which Listerner Service is not running was not Installed by us and Installed by another Company.
Now In Oracle 7 on unix, there Application and Database is running. and we have to Link our Database Oracle 9i to oracle 7 Database.
In our machine, we successfully Installed Oracle 7 and and here Listener is running. and we can communicated Oracle9i and Oracle 7 both vice-versa.
Here in Oracle 7 we don't want to disturb existing database and Application. Another method may that take dump of existing user and Insatall ORacle 7 again and Import Dmp file. but is there any method to start Listerner Services without disturbing existing Database.

Arvind
Previous Topic: TNS-12540 error
Next Topic: OraOledb.Oracle connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:14:28 CDT 2024