Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working
Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working [message #67194] Mon, 02 February 2004 04:17 Go to next message
Shalini singh
My system is having windows 2000 and installed oracle 8i client on the system. After completing the installation All components are running fine. But as soon as I install powerbuilder 8.0 then Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assistant is giving jrew.exe application error .

If anybody knows the cause of the problem then please write to me.

Thanks,

Shalini

Re: Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working [message #67197 is a reply to message #67194] Wed, 04 February 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ilver
Hi Shalini,
SQL Net are not depending on JREW. But the SQLNet configuration assistant, and all other Oracle GUI tools, are depending on the JREW version.
I don't know PowerBuilder 8 in details, but my guess is, that it does some up/down grading of your Java environment -causing the Oracle GUI to fail due to incompatible Java version.
Brgds ilver
Re: Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working [message #67212 is a reply to message #67197] Wed, 11 February 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shalini singh
Thanx ilver.

The problem existing with oracle net8assistant and net8 configuration assistant is resolved now.
Af ter R & D it seems that GUI of Oracle 8.1.x related products is having problem with symcjit.dll Which a is java component dll which does some
up/down grading of your Java environment and this dll is also present in java components provided in Powerbuilder 8.0.
So to resolve this issue:
1. we need to search for the existence of the filename symcjit.dll
2. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old or to someother name.
Re: Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working [message #67224 is a reply to message #67212] Tue, 17 February 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saqib shahab
in my oracle "net easy configuration assitant" the
if i creat new user to connect to database the bequeath
(local database) option is not aviable.
please solve my problam.
Re: Net8 assistant and net8 configuration assitant not working [message #67225 is a reply to message #67224] Wed, 18 February 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shalini
Which oracle version u are using & what excatly u are referring to ?it Net8 assistant or Net 8 configuration assitant?
In case of Orcale 8i
and Net 8 configuration assitant u can choose option Local Net service name configuration and on the next screen u can get the options to add the service
how to store and get information from sql tables to html forms [message #67606 is a reply to message #67194] Fri, 12 November 2004 19:07 Go to previous message
Prasad Velamuri
I have an order registration form in HTML. I want to store date,update data and get data between SQL*PLUS tables and HTML forms.

Please help me in this case with examples,How to impliment this with SQL Procedures/Functions.

Prasad V
Previous Topic: Listener Not Working
Next Topic: Oracle Internet Directory 10g (9.0.4)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 23:21:29 CDT 2024