Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » OraOledb.Oracle connection
OraOledb.Oracle connection [message #67290] Mon, 05 April 2004 22:39 Go to next message
Vikash Aditya
I am having something like this in an application (developed by vendor of which i don't have any technical documentation)

Dim a As String = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=meorcl;User ID=meuser;Password=something"

I want to connect using Oracle 9i client to this database. I am not able to get connected and have tried all the combinations possioble. Other naming services mentioned in tnsnames.ora  are working fine. I am able to connect using Oracle client with them.

I have checked tnsnames.ora files everywhere but haven't found this Data Source 'meorcl' mentioned but still this Database is being used successfully by one webservice. I have surfed google a lot to find out the solution but I haven't found yet.

Can you please tell me how to connect with this OraOledb Data Source with Oracle 9i client? It's kinda urgent.
Re: OraOledb.Oracle connection [message #67293 is a reply to message #67290] Tue, 06 April 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
is this a windows based application?
Did you configure your ODBC?
Re: OraOledb.Oracle connection [message #67295 is a reply to message #67293] Tue, 06 April 2004 21:00 Go to previous message
Vikash Aditya
this is a web based application and i have checked ODBC configuration on the Database server also. I haven't found the given Data Source 'meuser' there.
Previous Topic: Listener Services not Running on SCO UNIX Operating System with ORACLE 7.1.6.2 listener not Running
Next Topic: netconfig problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 18:41:38 CDT 2024