Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ora_sid_autostart
ora_sid_autostart [message #67340] Mon, 17 May 2004 04:50 Go to next message
JOHN
I am running Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 and have a problem with the OracleServiceSID not starting following a reboot. I have checked the registry settings and ora_sid_autostart is set to true.

As a workaround, I intend to set the service to manual and then write a small batch file and place it in the startup folder so that this service is automatically started.

Any ideas on what else I would need to add to the batch file? Does anyone have any samples?

Many thanks
Re: ora_sid_autostart [message #67344 is a reply to message #67340] Mon, 24 May 2004 04:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
oracle service is not doin its job.you can create a new service and make it autostart using ORADIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rem Delete the old serviceORADIM -DELETE -SID test -SRVC servicenamerem Create a new services with the STARTMODE AUTO propertyoradim -new -sid TEST -intpwd ORACLE -startmode AUTO -pfile C:orantadminTESTpfileinitTEST.ora
[i]
iF YOU Intend to write a batch file,
have the following scripted into a .bat file and throw the script in your startup.

invoke svrmgrl (only in 8i)
login as sys or internal
startup
exit
Previous Topic: dynamic service registration
Next Topic: TNS-12542 TNS:Address already in use Urgent please help!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:54:56 CDT 2024