Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » How to create the database link between 2 Oracle9i database (AIX and NT)
How to create the database link between 2 Oracle9i database (AIX and NT) [message #67396] Wed, 23 June 2004 00:12 Go to next message
Johnathan Chiu
Hi,

I have 2 Oracle 9i database created on an AIX server and a NT server. I want to create database link to interchange the data between 2 servers.

Please advise the procedures and what parameter files should take care.

Thanks in advance,

Johnathan
Re: How to create the database link between 2 Oracle9i database (AIX and NT) [message #67398 is a reply to message #67396] Wed, 23 June 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,.

You need to define TNSNAMES.ORA entries, and use the "CREATE DATABASE LINK ..." command to create the DB Link. This is documented in the SQL Reference Guide.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: How to create the database link between 2 Oracle9i database (AIX and NT) [message #67400 is a reply to message #67398] Wed, 23 June 2004 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnathan Chiu
Hi Frank,
Do I need to modify the init.ora on both servers ?
Thanks,
Johnathan
Re: How to create the database link between 2 Oracle9i database (AIX and NT) [message #67403 is a reply to message #67400] Fri, 25 June 2004 03:40 Go to previous message
Tak Tang
Well, if you want your database on AIX to be able to 'see' and initiate connections to your database on NT, then you need to modify your TNSNAMES.ORA on your AIX box; login to your AIX database; and create a database link TO your databases on NT, supplying the schema name and password for the database on NT, and the SERVICE name in your AIX's TNSNAMES.ORA.

If you want your databases on NT to be able to 'see' and initiate connections to your AIX machine, do it the other way around.

Of course, you could do both.
Previous Topic: tns listner
Next Topic: Making Server...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 14:53:52 CDT 2024