Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Oracle installation.
Oracle installation. [message #69952] Thu, 21 March 2002 19:21 Go to next message
Cai Jun
Hi,everyone. I meet an very strange problem and need for your help when installing Oralce 8i.

I want to install Oralce8i on a new computer with Windows2000 professional + w2k + sp2. I don't install other softwares before the installation.After running autorun.exe, I can see a interface with the window title of Oralce8i Enterprise Edition - Autorun. There are three select options. I select the begein installation option. But after two or three seconds, the hour glass mouse pointer changes to arrorw pointer. Nothing happens. So I cannot install it.It seems that it is looking for something.But I can install it on the other computer with Windows2000+ sp1. I try to install windows2000 + sp1 on the new computer but still cannot install Oralce8i.What can I do now?

Thanks,

Cai Jun
Re: Oracle installation. [message #69982 is a reply to message #69952] Tue, 26 March 2002 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Antony
I'm guessing that you're trying to install oracle 8.1.7 on a pentium pc. Right?

REmove all occurences of SYMCJIT.DLL from the installation CD. As you cannot do that directly, copy the cd to the hard drive, remove those dlls from all sub directories and then start the installation. This is a pentium 4 issue.
Paul
Re: Oracle installation. [message #74274 is a reply to message #69952] Tue, 26 October 2004 17:39 Go to previous message
rushing
I meet the same thing like you.
Previous Topic: SQl * Loader
Next Topic: WHEN conditions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 08:25:23 CDT 2024