Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, facility
Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, facility [message #71502] Thu, 14 November 2002 17:27 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I've have been struggling to get a copy of oracle 8.0.6. Finally we got one for solaris 8. I set out to install it on an oracle server , which is already running oracle 7.3.4 (path: /opt/Oracle7.3.4). New home for oracle 8.0.6 is /opt/Oracle8.0.6. We got 8.0.6 as a compressed tar file, which is not a 'from the scratch installation', but a copy from an existing solaris 8 (similar system- complete copy from /opt/Oracle8.0.6). I have set all the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE and other related oracle environment variables to point to the new location.
But when I try to start server manager (svrmgrl), it gives the following error:
Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR.
After which it gives the svrmgr prompt.

The 8.0.6 listener runs ok.

I have all the environment variables setup properly. Even I specifically put the svrmgr/mesg path in the path.

Following is the setenv results; Oracle user is 'oraadm' and group is 'dba'. All the oracle files have full access for both user and group.

USER=oraadm
LOGNAME=oraadm
HOME=/home/oraadm
PATH=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/openwin/demo:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/network/mesg
MAIL=/var/mail//oraadm
SHELL=/bin/csh
TZ=US/Pacific
SSH_CLIENT=172.19.156.178 62522 22
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/1
TERM=xterm
DISPLAY=localhost:10.0
PWD=/home/oraadm
MODULESHOME=/opt/Modules
MODULEPATH=/opt/Modules/modulefiles/admin:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/dbs:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/eda:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/misc:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/office:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/prog:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/win:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/unix:/opt/Modules/modulefiles/docu
LOADEDMODULES=openwin/local
LPATH=
EDITOR=vi
FONTPATH=/usr/openwin/lib/fonts
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/lib
XINITRC=/usr/openwin/lib/Xinitrc
MANPATH=/usr/openwin/share/man:/usr/man
OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
_LMFILES_=/opt/Modules/modulefiles/win/openwin/local
HELPPATH=/usr/openwin/lib/locale:/usr/openwin/lib/help
NOSUNVIEW=0
XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/openwin/lib/%T/%N%S
ORACLE_ASK=NO
ORACLE_BASE=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6
TNS_ADMIN=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/network/admin
ARCHIVE=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/rdbms/log
ORA_NLS32=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/ocommon/nls/admin/data
SH_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Oracle_8.0.6/lib
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

Thanks
Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #71506 is a reply to message #71502] Fri, 15 November 2002 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you didnt set ORACLE_SID.
Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #71508 is a reply to message #71502] Fri, 15 November 2002 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony
I tried setting the ORACLE_SID too. But same error. Well, we are just starting server manager. I'm not even trying to connect to any existing database (Just svrmgrl and ENTER) .
svrmgrl startup error - Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR. [message #72057 is a reply to message #71502] Thu, 27 February 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Idiots
Set or check Oracle_home. Sid has nothing to do about it. Ignore people's stupid guesses.

The error occurs because the program cannot find the message file. Why? Because it does not exist, cannot be read, or cannot be found.
Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #73202 is a reply to message #71506] Tue, 02 March 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amiya Ratan Pradhan
Though Ive set ORACLE_SID still I am getting the same message.
My oracle installation is on NT platform.
Ver 8i.
Re: svrmgrl startup error - Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MG [message #73203 is a reply to message #72057] Tue, 02 March 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amiya Ratan Pradhan
Though ORACLE_HOME as well as ORACLE_SID both have been set properly in the Environment Variable I still receive the Message 4505.
Pl. suggest at the earliest.
Regards.
Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #73205 is a reply to message #73202] Tue, 02 March 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
right click on mycomputer from desktop
go to properties
go to advanced tab
go to enviromnet variables section.

set your ORACLE_SID
set your ORACLE_HOME
ADD ORACLE_HOME to PATH.

Clean any other unwanted entry if already present
if still error, post a sample session

Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #73207 is a reply to message #73205] Tue, 02 March 2004 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amiya Ratan Pradhan
Both the ENV Variables have been set properly namely:

set your ORACLE_SID
set your ORACLE_HOME
also the ORACLE_HOME has been set in the PATH.

the message reads as under:
"Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=MGR".

Could you pl suggest at the earliest convenient.
Regards.
Re: Urgent! svrmgrl startup error! Message 4505 not found; no message file for product=SVRMGR, faci [message #73212 is a reply to message #73207] Wed, 03 March 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
it is to do with env settings only.
either u did some syntactical mistakes in setting the ENV or given wrong sid or oracle_home.
POST those values.
and
also try this...
Remove the ORACLE_HOME environment variable from Environment. 

Ensure that ORACLE_HOME is set to correct destination in the registry (in 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREORACLEHOME<x> where <x> is the unique 
identifier of the Oracle_Home).

explorer.exe application error [message #73387 is a reply to message #73203] Thu, 08 April 2004 04:39 Go to previous message
Madhavi
Iam getting this error on my windows 2000 server system when ever i click the ie file iam getting error message application error.

Application popup: explorer.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x637003d3" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
Previous Topic: I want to generate sequence value on duplicate data
Next Topic: Numbe Format for SQL*LOADER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:34:23 CDT 2024