Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » IMP Problem
IMP Problem [message #72187] Tue, 08 April 2003 15:19 Go to next message
skrewloose
Have initial db setup with userA password UserA... created a new db on the same server and have userB with password userB... trying to do an "imp" to userA... after creating the new db, I can only "imp" to the new db with userB ... when attempting to logon with userA, I get error 1017... invalid username/password... although I can still get in with the oracle client... so I am assuming it is only connecting to the new db....

Is there a way to get "imp" to work to both????
Re: IMP Problem [message #72188 is a reply to message #72187] Tue, 08 April 2003 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anand
I don't understand your problem clearly. Still, let me guess what is your problem.

You want to import into database A using user A, but you are able to login only to database B. right? The problem is you are trying to connect to a wrong database. Set the correct OS enviroment variables and then try logging-in.

Is it an Unix machine or a Windows machine?

While logging-in to the database, use a "connect_string" to be sure of your database. This "connect_string" can be obtained from the tnsnames.ora file.

Procedure :

sqlplus UserA/passwordA @databaseA

or

imp UserA/passwordA @databaseA

Hope it's clear.
Re: IMP Problem [message #72192 is a reply to message #72187] Wed, 09 April 2003 08:52 Go to previous message
skrewloose
didn't see the @ piece as part of the help.... I have used this with the SQL/Plus.... but never with IMP

thanks...
Previous Topic: Size of a Table
Next Topic: Emergency Help about export and import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 06:27:23 CDT 2024