Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » I know this might sound stupid...but
I know this might sound stupid...but [message #72392] Wed, 04 June 2003 16:29 Go to next message
sheela
Hi,
I have created a new 8.1.7 database (large size, but empty) and in a week or two it will be up and ready for production. The database is on Sun enterprise server with solaris 8 on it. Last week when I was doing some administration on the database, all of a sudden there was some problem and the server stopped responding and it was automatically rebooted due to some failure. Unfortunately there was no log or trace of what went wrong either on the database side or on the server side. The folks from sun came and tested them, but they couldn't figure the problem either and cannot recreate it.
So all I wanted to do is I want to run some kind of intensive process (on this empty database) what will use most of the resources and keep the database in high memory and i/o usage mode for a day or two and see what happens. I need to do this before I take this sever into production. So right now, it just has large empty datbase created with the database assistant. Could someone help me with a procedure , so I could do this testing?
Thanks
Tony
Re: I know this might sound stupid...but [message #72395 is a reply to message #72392] Thu, 05 June 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe
Hi Tony,
you told that you have no log for this DB .... Do you mean that the alert<SID>.log was empty or held nothing about this crash ?

rgds
Uwe
Re: I know this might sound stupid...but [message #72396 is a reply to message #72395] Thu, 05 June 2003 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony
The alert log had only few lines of "shutting down..instance... " and nothing else.
Re: I know this might sound stupid...but [message #72409 is a reply to message #72396] Tue, 10 June 2003 00:51 Go to previous message
Uwe
it looks like some server probs .... The shutdown of the database is incluided in the /etc/rc2 directory, so the DB will automaticly shutting down if the server gets a reboot or shutdown. There should be a failure with SUN, so you need to trace your server or contact SUN, I guess.
Uwe
Previous Topic: Using SQL * Loader
Next Topic: Import affected storage parameters of tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 12:51:51 CDT 2024