Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » help for oracle
help for oracle [message #72732] Tue, 07 October 2003 23:27 Go to next message
nagesh Kotekar
HI,

I am nagsh kotekar from india. I am looking for oracle 7.3 help on novell 4.11 can you help me. i want clear my following point.

(1) I am not able connect from client (98) oracle database (novell 4.11) . i did net easy with spx service.
(2) how i check database working or not on server and tell me how to confugure neteasy on server (novell 4.11)

Pl help me out,

Nagesh kotekar
Re: help for oracle [message #72733 is a reply to message #72732] Wed, 08 October 2003 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first, you are still living with a very old version of oracle. try to get upgraded. Becuase
-> you more advanced versions
-> availablity of TechSupport. In event of any catastropic failure, oracle corp will not support ur database.
[i]
(1) I am not able connect from client (98) oracle database (novell 4.11) . i did net easy with spx service.
[/i]
what kind of error are u getting? post the exact error message and ur sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora , listner.ora.
is the listener configured properly, up and available?
are the spx protocol services enabled? is there any preference for using spx? 
[i]
(2) how i check database working or not on server and tell me how to confugure neteasy on server (novell 4.11)[/i]
do the following in the database server.

make sure the datbase is up and available.
use svrmgr ( or sqldba?..i forgot i beleive sqldba is for oracle versions less than 7.3 , for 7.3 it is svrmgr ) to login to database
and start it manually ( in case it is down).
use 
   lsnrctl status < your_listener_name > -- to check the status of listener.

do the following in your client
net easy config assitant is a gui tool.
select your protocol, host,sid,port and create a service(connect string).
or simply edit your tnsnames.ora

Re: help for oracle [message #72737 is a reply to message #72733] Fri, 10 October 2003 01:33 Go to previous message
nagesh Kotekar
Hi,

pl give me details of spx connectivity format in tnslister.ora and its possible to connect oracle 7.3 (novell 4.11) connect from windows 98 with tcp/ip support.
Previous Topic: Can I create a function and call it from ctl file?
Next Topic: oracle 7 help on novell 4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 13:01:49 CDT 2024