Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » very urgent - Deleting Database Link in Oracle 9i
very urgent - Deleting Database Link in Oracle 9i [message #73093] Mon, 02 February 2004 03:53 Go to next message
Shanker
I am trying to delete database link in oracle 9i I am getting the following errors. How to fix that ?

Further how delete link thru sql ? Please help me ?

VBO-4542 Cannot remove DB link

ORA-02024 database link not found

Please help me.

Ramesh
Re: very urgent - Deleting Database Link in Oracle 9i [message #73111 is a reply to message #73093] Wed, 04 February 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
It sounds like either you mistyped the database link name that you were trying to drop or it had already been dropped. Receiving a message that it cannot be removed or is not found may mean that it does not exist, either because you have mistyped the name or already dropped it.

The database link may have .global or .world or some such thing on the end of it, that you are ommitting. One way to test if the database link still exists and/or find the correct complete name of the link is to:

SQL> SELECT db_link FROM all_db_links;

Here is the complete text of the error message from the Oracle on-line documentation:

"ORA-02024 database link not found

Cause: Database link to be dropped is not found in dictionary.

Action: Correct the database link name."
Re: very urgent - Deleting Database Link in Oracle 9i [message #73339 is a reply to message #73093] Mon, 29 March 2004 14:48 Go to previous message
ELDRIC
DROP DATABASE LINK [[MANE OF DATABASE LINK]]

EXAMPLE:
CREATE DATABASE LINK [[NAME OF DATABASE LINK]]
CONNECT CURRENT_USER
USING [[CONNECT-STRING]]
Previous Topic: inexplicable sql loader error in loading delimited text
Next Topic: Text file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:51:44 CDT 2024