Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » connecting to oracle
connecting to oracle [message #73209] Wed, 03 March 2004 02:17 Go to next message
sahaslad
hi,
I am having 2 servers.
First Server is the <NOBR><A class=iAs oncontextmenu="return false;" onmousemove=kwM(204052); onmouseover=kwE(event,204052); style="COLOR: darkgreen; BORDER-BOTTOM: darkgreen 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" onclick="return kwC();" onmouseout=kwL(event); href="http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Oracle/Q_20905331.html#" target=_blank>oracle[/url]</NOBR> client connecting to the database server via . Net8 Config. Assistant.
Second is the database server.

Now, I am having a script which does some processess i.e updations, insertions and mailing. I have kept a counter for the no. of process it should do at any point of time. If the no. of processess exceeds then the script goes in sleep mode i.e process is halted for a specified time.

Problem occurs when the script comes out of the sleep mode it throws an error as "NOT CONNECTED TO ORACLE".

This problem doesn't occurs when the script is installed on the same database server.

I am using administrative scripting i.e WSH

Any idea how can i solve it......
Re: connecting to oracle [message #73211 is a reply to message #73209] Wed, 03 March 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
how do u go to the "sleep mode"?
make sure, u connect again to the database when u come back from "sleep mode"
Re: connecting to oracle [message #73213 is a reply to message #73211] Wed, 03 March 2004 02:58 Go to previous message
sahaslad
Well i cant do that because sleep mode is activated when the database processess are exceeded i.e the script for script mode is inside the database connection code.

Is there any way to increase the timeout to x no. of minutes.
Previous Topic: Import Utility Problem
Next Topic: import - selecting objects to import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:39:23 CDT 2024