Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Urgent! Sould we stop here? (troubles while using the ODBC driver for Oracle)
Urgent! Sould we stop here? (troubles while using the ODBC driver for Oracle) [message #73238] Sat, 06 March 2004 10:31
Julian Ke
I m tring to access data resource with Access2000 from some Oracle server, Using the ODBC Data Source Administrator I have created a System DSN pointing to my Oracle database.

In Access, I create a new Linked Table, and when prompted, I choose an ODBC Database, then select the System DSN I previously created that points to my Oracle data.  After authenticating to my Oracle database, I am presented with a listing of all the tables in Oracle. I choose the table I am interested and select the "Save Password" box and then created some queries, run the queries, creaed a Macro... everything is fine.

Then I got a problem, that is , when I close Access2000, and then open again, run the queries, a little window appeared, it wants me  input the account & password. I am not lazy, the reason I creat the Macro is I want it starts by itself at some time(such as midnight, weekend ;)  ).  And now it is stopped by the little window, what a pity!

In order to get rid of the window, I have done below ways and failed.

1.Search the REG file of the system, and I found some interesting keys below the ODBC, and I set the "Uid=" into "Uid=myID", "Pwd=" into "Pwd=mypassword", and then run the Macro & Queries without Login, but the little windows appears again.

2.I believed that there should be some ways to kick the "little windows" off, so I searched for VB codes in GOOGLE, and hope it cuold help me. But unfortunately, it doesn't work. 

I am from China know there is an old English saying says, "if there is a will, there is a way". Now I do have a will, could anybody show me a way?

Many Thanks!

Regards,

Julian
Previous Topic: SQL Loader
Next Topic: inserting SYSDATE in a table column while creating a control file to load data using SQL loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:57:15 CDT 2024