Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » sqlplus connections logged where?
sqlplus connections logged where? [message #74205] Thu, 07 October 2004 15:37 Go to next message
Erin
Suppose my network id iss 'eunknown'. I can ssh to a unix server ( solaris8) , log in as Oracle, and then access sqlplus with a login say called TEST_LOGIN. I can also open the SQLPLUS utility on my computer and login to the server with the connect string from the tnsnames.ora file, same db login TEST_LOGIN. The question is, are there log files that show that there was a sqlplus connection made to the database? And is there a log that shows that SQLPLUS conection was made by network id 'eunknown'?

Security questions are coming up around this issue. Oracle version is 8.1.7 on Solaris and Oracle 9.2 on AIX.

Thanks. Erin.

Re: sqlplus connections logged where? [message #74206 is a reply to message #74205] Fri, 08 October 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
All information is available in v$session.
IF you are using a RAC look into gv$session as it will provide information across all the nodes.
Re: sqlplus connections logged where? [message #74207 is a reply to message #74205] Fri, 08 October 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Ok.
V$session gives information about users CURRENTLY logged in.
If you would have a log the users connecting,look into auditing.
You can write a simple trigger which will track all the information and log them somwhere
Re: sqlplus connections logged where? [message #74209 is a reply to message #74205] Fri, 08 October 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erin
Mahesh,
I'm looking for an audit trail of who might have logged in the past, not who is currently logged in. Any ideas on that other than creating triggers for future logins?
Re: sqlplus connections logged where? [message #74210 is a reply to message #74209] Fri, 08 October 2004 21:26 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
other than triggers?
Nothing on top of my head.
This URL might help. (it uses triggers).

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_builder_sec_audit.htm
Previous Topic: SQL Loader Error message
Next Topic: data into Multiple tables using SQL Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 08:10:05 CDT 2024