Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » FAL_CLEINT,FAL_SERVER
FAL_CLEINT,FAL_SERVER [message #74454] Tue, 14 December 2004 04:59 Go to next message
ramya
Hi
How can i achive the automatic gap resolution in physical standby(oracle 9.2.0.1).Wheter i have to defile FAL_SERVER and FAL_CLIENT in standby parmeter file or whehter no need to set these parmeters.Wheter oracle will automatically fix these gaps
with regards
ramya
Re: FAL_CLEINT,FAL_SERVER [message #74457 is a reply to message #74454] Tue, 14 December 2004 07:06 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Now, don't confuse Oracle 9i with 10g. For 9i you still need to set it. Read the manuals carefully:

[[Chapter 6 of the Oracle9i Data Guard Concepts and
Administration Guide]] -

"For log apply services to automatically identify and resolve archive gaps, you must:
4. In the initialization parameter file of the standby database, assign the net service name that you created for the standby database to the FAL_CLIENT initialization parameter, and assign the net service name that you created for the FAL server to the FAL_SERVER initialization parameter."

[[Chapter 5 of the Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration 10g Release 1 (10.1) Guide]] -

"No extra configuration settings are required to poll the standby databases, to detect any gaps, or to resolve the gaps.
Prior to Oracle Database 10g Release 1, the FAL client and server were used to resolve gaps from the primary database."

However, in 10g these parametes may still be useful if you plan to feed a standby site from another standby site (cascading standby databases).

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
Next Topic: Export/Import-Urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:13:31 CDT 2024