Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » controlfile in swithover
controlfile in swithover [message #74502] Tue, 21 December 2004 04:29 Go to next message
ramya
hi experts
i have a dought about the switchover.Can u explain anything we ahve to do with the control files in both database for switchover.wht will happen to control file in primary when u swithcover the primary to standby and the standby contol files in standby server .How we configure about these issues for swithcover
with regards
ramya
Re: controlfile in swithover [message #74510 is a reply to message #74502] Tue, 21 December 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Oracle will automatically fix the controlfiles if you do a switchover. However, if you do a failover, Oracle will only fix the controlfiles on the old standby/ new primary database.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: controlfile in swithover [message #74512 is a reply to message #74510] Wed, 22 December 2004 05:41 Go to previous message
ramya
hi frank
I gave different names for controlfiles in primary and standby.Wheter it will be a problem.
SO when i do the switchover to standby so it will convert the controlfile(primary controlfile) to standby and when we do the switchback from standby to primary,oracle will automatically convert.Am i correct or no?
with regards
ramya
Previous Topic: inconsistent log
Next Topic: To import an oracle database user from external exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 07:46:07 CDT 2024