Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication of Oracle Database in Windows 2000 Enviorment
Replication of Oracle Database in Windows 2000 Enviorment [message #75513] Tue, 29 June 2004 09:22 Go to next message
Kuntal
Hii,

I have a Oracle 8i database(SID : DATABASE) in windows 2000 platform. As a failsafe measure i want to create a similar enviroment where another 8i database(DATABASE2) where DATABASE1  will be replicated, in a windows 2000 platform. I need to know how can this be done. i can go about the replication first time by a full export/import. can i use dbms_job to carry out this operation at frequent interval. I am new to such replication issues. Any help in this matter will be highly gratefull.

Thanks and Regards

Kuntal
Re: Replication of Oracle Database in Windows 2000 Enviorment [message #75517 is a reply to message #75513] Mon, 05 July 2004 03:20 Go to previous message
Oskar
If you want to replicate the complete database I'd use a different approach.

You can try to copy every datafile to the destination machine from a cold/hot backup and then start the cloned database there.

If you want a standby database (to be used in case of disaster in your production machine) you can do that too.

Metalink provides notes/scripts on how to do every option mentioned above.
Previous Topic: creation of materialized view failed for a table of size 6.5 gb
Next Topic: Replication - Minimum Required Spec.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:31:39 CDT 2024