Home » RDBMS Server » Security » resetting passwords for user accounts
resetting passwords for user accounts [message #128164] Fri, 15 July 2005 08:24 Go to next message
plusk
We are currently developing a web appplication to reset passwords
for database users (v 9i). I have read information in the manuals that instead of using the ALTER command to do this, that is is better to use OCIPasswordChange() function. I just can't seem to find any other information about it.

There seems to be a problem with a current app that will not accept a password that begins with a numeric character....
The password is picked from a text box, and it's being passed
into the sql code as a string....but if you attempt to use anything beginning with a number, it produces an Int32 error.

probably in the coding, but I've tried everything I know to do, to no avail.

Any ideas on what the problem might be, and any suggestions on another way to accomplish this?
Re: resetting passwords for user accounts [message #128610 is a reply to message #128164] Tue, 19 July 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plusk
disrgard....we found a solution.
Re: resetting passwords for user accounts [message #138510 is a reply to message #128610] Thu, 22 September 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,,

Will you post your solution for the question that you had asked in your first post ...Wink

'Knowledge increses by sharing'

Regards
Always Friend sunilkumar

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 05:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: resetting passwords for user accounts [message #139822 is a reply to message #138510] Thu, 29 September 2005 14:32 Go to previous message
plusk
Sorry for not posting sooner....been really busy!

The following code is what we found works...it's written in vb.net, using ODP.NET:

the password is picked up from a text field:

Dim sqlReset As String = "alter user " & uname & " identified by " & """" & txtNewPass.Text & """"

This will allow passwords beginning with either integer or alpha.
Previous Topic: EMC Control Center Oracle Database access
Next Topic: DDL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:58:22 CDT 2024