Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Questions about SQLLoader
icon5.gif  Questions about SQLLoader [message #129410] Mon, 25 July 2005 02:55 Go to next message
shazzyncs
Hie All,

I need your opinions,suggestions on this matter. Well i'm converting data from excel file n text file into the oracle. Now i'm just wondering if let say i have 10,000 of records in a single excel file that i need to import to oracle. I already execute my sqlldr but halfway let say at 5000 suddenly my records have error and my default errors in sqqldr is only 50. after 50 errors occured, sqqldr will stop executing and terminate the process. Since errors have occur,i have to start the importing all over again since i'm not sure where did it stop and none of my records are loaded to the oracle .is there any way that i can start executing where the sqqldr terminate???and i tried this method is ok if i change the default errors in sqqldr from 50 to 10000 to make sure after the errors occur i can still import the remaining records or is there other way to do so. or is there any other easier way to do so???...any suggestions to import thousands of records??? Your help is highly appreciated..thank you...
Re: Questions about SQLLoader [message #129434 is a reply to message #129410] Mon, 25 July 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Pls post the sqlldr control file and data file

regds
tarun
Re: Questions about SQLLoader [message #129487 is a reply to message #129410] Mon, 25 July 2005 07:57 Go to previous message
smartin
And yes, you can just set the allowable errors really high so that all of your data that can load does load. Then you can go back and fix things and load the rejected records that were placed in your bad file if needed.

There is also a skip option that lets you start loading with a certain record number.

But, 10,000 records is really trivial to load, and should not take long at all. You should be more concerned not with restarting your load in the middle, but in identifying and correcting whatever is causing the errors to happen in the first place.
Previous Topic: DATE problem
Next Topic: Handling Nulls in Sql Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:29:55 CDT 2024