Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Comparing the data in the table with sqlloader control file
icon5.gif  Comparing the data in the table with sqlloader control file [message #130629] Mon, 01 August 2005 11:39 Go to next message
tillu
Hi
I am loading data from the flat file in to a table using sqlloader. I am appending to the already existing data.
Can I compare the data in the flat file with the already existing data in the table while loading??

For example the data from position(10:20) corrosponds to an id number. So whenever this id number is already in the table it manipulates the field inthe flat file from position(30:34)(increases that field by 1) and then loads in to the table. If the id number is not there in the table it just loads the data whatever in the flat file.

So how can I compare the data from the flat file with already existing data in the table? What condition should I add in the control file?

Thanks,
Sri

Re: Comparing the data in the table with sqlloader control file [message #130631 is a reply to message #130629] Mon, 01 August 2005 12:01 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You cannot compare with sql*loader.
You can load the flat file as is into an staging table.
then use sql means to compare the staging table and original table and load only the records you want.
Previous Topic: can use SQL*loader to convert Access files to Oracle
Next Topic: invalid decimal packed nibble in SQL * LOADER- VEry Urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 07:42:57 CDT 2024