Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Ora Server Shutdown problem
Ora Server Shutdown problem [message #140709] Wed, 05 October 2005 05:32 Go to next message
bornlooser
Hi All,

To shutdown my DB server, on command prompt I tries svrmgr30 but fail with unknown command error. So i tried c:/>sqlplus /nologging
It connects with internal and then i executed the 'shutdown innediate' command which is successful. But after that if i checks the services, few servies related to oracle are still running, that i have to stop manually. What could be the problem and solution.

thanks.
bonny
Re: Ora Server Shutdown problem [message #140714 is a reply to message #140709] Wed, 05 October 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

No problem, those services will keep on running whether Oracle Database is shutdown or not . So no need to worry.

When you shutdown , the database is closed and RAM is cleared but the service will keep on running .

It will be automatically stopped and started when the server is stopped and started respectively.

regards,
tarun
Re: Ora Server Shutdown problem [message #141174 is a reply to message #140714] Fri, 07 October 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bornlooser
Dear Tarun,

Thanks for yr reply. I am concerened because of two main services which are
OracleoraHome81TNSListner , and
OracleServiceHRMS (my db name).
still can i shutdown the windows. One more i want to ask, why svrmgr30 not working and sqlplus is working?

regards,
bonny
Re: Ora Server Shutdown problem [message #141176 is a reply to message #141174] Fri, 07 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous message
tarundua

--> still can i shutdown the windows

No need to worry,

Window will automatically shutdown these services , when you shut down the windows.

--> why svrmgr30 not working and sqlplus is working?

Sorry i dont have any idea about svrmgr30, is it related to Oracle 8i only .

regards,
tarun
Previous Topic: import data from csv. file
Next Topic: SQL * LDR DATE FORMATS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 13:08:04 CDT 2024