Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Running SQL*Loader from Windows NT batch file
Running SQL*Loader from Windows NT batch file [message #143881] Sun, 23 October 2005 23:24 Go to next message
himang

Hi,
Can anyone suggest how can I run the SQL*Loader from a Windows-NT/XP/2000 batch file. I am aware of the SQL*loader syntax and worked only on UNIX solaris OS. But now I want to run the SQL*Loader utility from windows OS. How can I handle EXIT Codes for inspection in windows batch file?
Also is there any way of suppressing the user_id and password, so as I don’t have to give the hardcoded username/ password and connect string in the NT batch file.

Urgent response in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Regards
Himanshu
Re: Running SQL*Loader from Windows NT batch file [message #145896 is a reply to message #143881] Mon, 07 November 2005 09:35 Go to previous message
Boozy
You can call sqlldr directly. You should make an alias or set your path such that NT or XP can find sqlldr from the command line. Example

sqlldr somename/sompassword@someconnection data=... log=... bad=...

Fill in the fields as required.

If you want to call sqlplus from a batch then you have to use the keyword call first
Previous Topic: Where is Error Log for SQL Loader on Windows XP?
Next Topic: EXP utility problem with Oracle versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 13:14:40 CDT 2024