Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Need Help Urgently.....  () 1 Vote
Need Help Urgently..... [message #180634] Tue, 04 July 2006 08:35 Go to next message
itzsalil@gmail.com
Dear All,

I want to implement the following ...
suppose there is a table in Oracle 9i created on the system schema by system user on which is range partitioned over dates and every partition resides on a different Tablespace.

I have also created users having those tablespaces as thier default ones ...

Now i want the following to happen ..
When i login through a user (except system) i want him to see only that data which resides in his default tablespace ...
Is this possible ....
if so .. please help me out .. may be I am missing some grants or denials of permisssion ...

Looking forward to ur response ..
THank you.
Re: Need Help Urgently..... [message #183854 is a reply to message #180634] Mon, 24 July 2006 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lzulueta
you can use fine grain access control
Re: Need Help Urgently..... [message #184517 is a reply to message #180634] Wed, 26 July 2006 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anurag078

You dont need to do anything...

You (a non system user) can see only those objects owned by you, irrespective of
the tablespace in which it is created.

If the objects are owned by System, and even if it is in the same tablespace,
on which you have default tablespace privileges, unless explicitly granted
by object privileges on those system objects, you can not see those objects.

Re: Need Help Urgently..... [message #184536 is a reply to message #184517] Wed, 26 July 2006 23:40 Go to previous message
lzulueta
The only opitons I know will work is to use label security (need to pay extra for this) or FGAC/RLS (you need to manually add policies, create several objects to make this work). If you go with FGAC/RLS I'd suggest creating policies with the same condition you used to define the partition...

Just message if you need more information about this.
Previous Topic: sorry but urgently need help
Next Topic: TNS not answer on StandBy Mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:55:16 CDT 2024