Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Timing out when a large query is submitted
Timing out when a large query is submitted [message #189433] Thu, 24 August 2006 10:14 Go to next message
jworrin2
I have a query that is going to return a large data set. I was wondering if there was a way to send Internet Explorer, or what ever browser the end user is using, a "heartbeat", for lack of a better term, letting it know that the page is still loading so it doesn't error out and give the "Page cannot be displayed" error. Thanks in advance.

-- Josh
Re: Timing out when a large query is submitted [message #189491 is a reply to message #189433] Thu, 24 August 2006 17:49 Go to previous message
andrew again
In gereral, the application server has a max response timeout value which controls the behavior. I believe you'll find it in the Apache and/or mod_plsql config files.

If the resultset is really large - it introduces lots of other problems (time to render page, memory used by browser etc). Monitoring the CPU on your browser machine will distinguish what time is spent on the server and when the page rendering begins.
Previous Topic: LDAP Username Edit Function
Next Topic: Validate text boxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:37:18 CDT 2024