Home » Server Options » Replication » Cloning and Replication
Cloning and Replication [message #198637] Wed, 18 October 2006 01:37 Go to next message
thiyagaraj
Hi
What is the difference between "CLONING" and "REPLICATION".
Can we clone a database running in 8i to the database running in
9i.

Thanks
-Raaj
Re: Cloning and Replication [message #201683 is a reply to message #198637] Mon, 06 November 2006 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kkpareek
Hi

Cloning is taking a snapshot while replication is a continuous process. The business requirements are also different. While the former is based for creating a TEST/DEV copy, the later is for DR.

You can clone DB only at same patch set level.

Kailash Pareek
Re: Cloning and Replication [message #201826 is a reply to message #201683] Mon, 06 November 2006 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thiyagaraj
Hi,
Thanks for ur reply.Can we go more into the topic?
If u dont mind,can u please provide me any links available that gives the Comparison between these two?

Thanks in advance.

-Raaj
Re: Cloning and Replication [message #201854 is a reply to message #201826] Tue, 07 November 2006 01:50 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know if someone keeps a list of web pages that discusses this problem (i.e. difference between replication and cloning in an Oracle database). Perhaps someone really does; he/she'll simply take it out and either type it here for you, or use a good old copy-paste technique.

However, I much more believe that people rely on another approach: use one of Internet search engines. Now, why would anyone bother to open Google and type those keywords to show you links Google returned?

I just can't understand why wouldn't YOU do that? /forum/fa/456/0/ for it by yourself!
Previous Topic: Materialized View Refresh
Next Topic: Web links required
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:23:52 CDT 2024