Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » BBCODE: Formatting Code in Tables - main site
BBCODE: Formatting Code in Tables - main site [message #223450] Fri, 09 March 2007 00:04 Go to next message
rleishman
Just submitted an article on the main site but I'm unhappy with the formatting.

I want to demonstrate the differences between two pieces of code side-by-side. I enclosed each in CODE tags, then placed both sections as separate columns in a TABLE.

Because of the way the BBCODE is translated in HTML it looks dodgy, with the table border going straight through the text.

Can anyone think of another way to format this other than making it one big CODE block and manually pasting space to tabulate the results?
Re: BBCODE: Formatting Code in Tables - main site [message #223560 is a reply to message #223450] Fri, 09 March 2007 08:13 Go to previous message
joy_division
Ross:

It may be the way the browser interprets the tags. I tired Firefox 2.0.0.2, Browzar 1.2.0.0 and Opera 9.0.0.0 and each of them displays it differently. Firefox is the best, with the border "under" the text so it's perfectly legible. Opera was the worst, with it looking like you explained. I won't use IE for anything.
Previous Topic: How can I remove or edit my posts?
Next Topic: Looking for dumps? Check here!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:05:23 CDT 2024