Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » checkbox values
icon5.gif  checkbox values [message #225628] Tue, 20 March 2007 11:01 Go to next message
Fury22
Hi everyone.. I have a problem with the checkbox .. I'm trying to add to another checkbox item values according to the values previously selected in other checkbox.

For example..

If I check
--pizza (checked)
--Taco (checked)
--Ice Cream

I want the other checkbox get filled with all the data from those 2

I mean... make a "select desciption where food_id IN (values of the checkbox---> pizza and taco)"

Please help me
Re: checkbox values [message #225728 is a reply to message #225628] Wed, 21 March 2007 02:46 Go to previous message
rleishman
Sorry, don't have much time to answer now...

If I remember correctly, the value of the checkbox item will be a colon separated list of checked values. Eg. If Pizza and Taco were coded 3 and 8 respectively, the value of the item would be "3:8".

You need to convert this to a nested table - you can use APEX_UTIL.STRING_TO_TABLE, but this returns a PL/SQL nested table which you cannot use in a SQL. You will need to create your own database nested table TYPE or perhaps a Global Temporary Table and copy in the values from the PL/SQL nested table. You will then be able to reference this in an IN subquery.

It's a bit complex, I know. Sorry I don't have more time - I've got to go home now.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: How to connect oracle and Visual Basic 6
Next Topic: ORA-29829: implementation type does not exist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:11:53 CDT 2024