Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » IMP/EXP
IMP/EXP [message #232033] Thu, 19 April 2007 02:31 Go to next message
grahambo
Hi all

just a quick question.
Today I exported a schema form a datbase. the export was set to included the rows.

I then imported this schema into another Databse under the same schema name

IE both users were called Topteamdb and both passwords are the same.

However it did not copy over all of the row data only some of it. This particular Database is used a requirements management system. the table with the userlogins for the application that uses this Database is full and correct but the Tables containing task data are empty.

I thought Import was supposed to import all row data not just some of it

Also apart from a warning message when exporting "Exporting questionable statistics" there were no warnings in the Export or Import

any info that anyone has is much appriciated

thanks

Graham
Re: IMP/EXP [message #232084 is a reply to message #232033] Thu, 19 April 2007 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
post what you did (exact command line arguments,logfiles for exp/imp etc) instead of describing what you did.
>>warning message when exporting "Exporting questionable statistics"
IN most cases, it is harmless. Just search this forum for a fix
Re: IMP/EXP [message #232154 is a reply to message #232033] Thu, 19 April 2007 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gkrishn
generaly, for a schema level import ,a clean import methord is
*drop all objects in the schema
*import with IGNORE=Y
or if u want to retain some tables,
*drop other tables
*import with IGNORE=Y

someone correct me if i am wrong.
Re: IMP/EXP [message #232168 is a reply to message #232154] Thu, 19 April 2007 13:25 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Not sure in what context you are looking into.
IGNORE=Y/N will only suppress/display the error messages. It does not affect the background work done by the import.
Specifies how object creation errors should be handled. If you accept the default, IGNORE=n, Import logs or displays object creation errors before continuing.

If you specify IGNORE=y, Import overlooks object creation errors when it attempts to create database objects, and continues without reporting the errors.

Note that only object creation errors are ignored; other errors, such as operating system, database, and SQL errors, are not ignored and may cause processing to stop.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2007 13:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: IMP quest
Next Topic: SQL*LOADER Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 08:30:56 CDT 2024