Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » how to create target database while importing full database
how to create target database while importing full database [message #234425] Tue, 01 May 2007 09:49 Go to next message
bluepower
hello,

I want to export full database of same version(9i) and on same platform(linux)....for dis i don't know how mah target database structure should be... is it mandatory dt target databases hould be same as the source one or can it be different..... do i need to precreate all the tablespaces or will they get created automatically...
I want to have a different target database structure....
what steps i have to do for successful import?

reply will be appreciated....

bhumika

[Updated on: Tue, 01 May 2007 09:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to create target database while importing full database [message #234426 is a reply to message #234425] Tue, 01 May 2007 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>do i need to precreate all the tablespaces or will they get created automatically
A full import will try to create the same tablespaces and will succeed if the disk layout/File paths are available as in source.
It is better to precreate the tablespaces and do import.
>>what steps i have to do for successful import?
Too many variants to list them all Smile

Re: how to create target database while importing full database [message #234428 is a reply to message #234426] Tue, 01 May 2007 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bluepower
thanks fr u reply sir

can I precreate all the tablespaces having different names and paths on the target database

hope will get reply soon
Re: how to create target database while importing full database [message #234430 is a reply to message #234428] Tue, 01 May 2007 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Different paths OK.
Different names could be a problem (for a FUll database import. Becuase Imp will try to assign those same tablepsaces to users).
If you can afford to use fromuser/touser option(user by user) you can have any tablespace name too.
Re: how to create target database while importing full database [message #234433 is a reply to message #234430] Tue, 01 May 2007 10:11 Go to previous message
bluepower
sir u mean u to say while exporting full database I've to create the tablespaces with the same name as in source database....and if i want to have different name then have to import schemas individually........
thanks fr ur replies sir
really i m new to this orafaq nd now i m feeling gud to be a part of it
Previous Topic: SQL * Loader problem
Next Topic: Sql*Loader conventional path - lock table ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 08:28:37 CDT 2024