Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » how to access a log file and a bad file?? (merged across forums)
how to access a log file and a bad file?? (merged across forums) [message #235715] Mon, 07 May 2007 14:33 Go to next message
AGARWALNIRU
I have a ETL process that runs on weekly basis which read data froma flat file to an external table.In this process i have defined log file and bad file too, to keep a track of the data transformation. But as i am using all this for the 1st time....I dont know how to later use the .bad and .log file to compare data with the actual database
Re: how to access a log file and a bad file?? (merged across forums) [message #236053 is a reply to message #235715] Tue, 08 May 2007 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unless there's something I don't see, here it is: after data gets loaded, first check the LOG file. In there you'll see whether all records are successfully loaded or not.

If not, you'll see a reason why this happened. Then check BAD and DSC (discarded) records file and see what to do with them; if you can fix the error(s), do that and reload. If not, well, I don't know; you'll have to decide what next.

And - please, do not multipost. Put the question to Forum that best suits your problem.
Re: how to access a log file and a bad file?? (merged across forums) [message #236309 is a reply to message #236053] Wed, 09 May 2007 09:33 Go to previous message
AGARWALNIRU
thanks!!!for the quick reply to my problem.
Well sorry but, I didnt post the message on multiple forums knowingly, as i am new on this forum when i posted my ques it automatically got posted on server utilities.....so the i posted in on the right forum later
Previous Topic: does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.?
Next Topic: SQL LOADER PROBLEM, PLZ HELP ME!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 08:31:32 CDT 2024