Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.?
does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.? [message #236170] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:15 Go to next message
misragopal

Hi all,
I am trying to import 'entire database' dmp in newly created database. password of sys is change_on_install.
# But after completion of import neither i am able to connect sys not system.
This dmp is creating some 40 users. does password of these users will same from where we created emport.???
# import is creating error.. inserted value is too large for column. i dont know why..?
# 'Entire database' dmp will restore SYS objects also.. is it??

Please suggest.
Gopal Misra
Re: does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.? [message #236174 is a reply to message #236170] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
does password of these users will same from where we created emport.?
Yes.

import is creating error.. inserted value is too large for column. i dont know why..?
Your target database uses in (AL32)UTF8 character set while the source one does not.

'Entire database' dmp will restore SYS objects also.. is it??
No.

Regards
Michel

Re: does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.? [message #236176 is a reply to message #236174] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misragopal

But after completion of import neither i am able to connect sys not system. does entire database reset sys and systempasswords.????
Re: does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.? [message #236186 is a reply to message #236176] Wed, 09 May 2007 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Do you have only basic ascii characters in your passords (code < 127)? Or do you have extended characters?

You can always connect as SYS if you are in the OS sysdba group (most of the time "dba" on Unix).

Regards
Michel
Re: does 'entier database' import will alter existing sys password.? [message #236219 is a reply to message #236186] Wed, 09 May 2007 06:22 Go to previous message
misragopal

yes you are Michel. i was not able to connect sys after importing entier database dmp. but when i restarted listener service... it is connecting.

Thanks for help Michel. let me work on that character set issue.. the i will let you know.
thanks.
Previous Topic: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulmtsyn: OCIStmtExecute(tabhp) Ý1480&uml;
Next Topic: how to access a log file and a bad file?? (merged across forums)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 08:22:48 CDT 2024