Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » detecting environment issues
detecting environment issues [message #250404] Mon, 09 July 2007 23:22 Go to next message
yog_23
A sqlloader process currently runs in about 8 minutes in one environment and 27 mins in another environment. Its the same file, same table etc etc. I am new to oracle and have no idea on how to find what is wrong in the environment. The DBA responds back as if everything is fine. I am sure it is not, as I have run some tests and noticed sql's taking approx 3 times more time in one environment compared to the other.

Any help on how to find what is the problem with the environment?

Thank you
Yog
Re: detecting environment issues [message #250416 is a reply to message #250404] Tue, 10 July 2007 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you don't have DBA access I'm afraid you can't see anything in the database.
If you have server access, you can have a look at OS statistics (iostat, vmstat...) to see if something happens at OS level (io bottleneck, swapping...).

Regards
Michel
Re: detecting environment issues [message #250419 is a reply to message #250404] Tue, 10 July 2007 00:33 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Any help on how to find what is the problem with the environment?
From my perspective the "environment" is external to the database.
I suspect the difference in stated performance is due to differences BETWEEN databases!
You offer no clues specifics to either "environment" nor database, You're On Your Own (YOYO)!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 July 2007 00:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Index created is not using(I dont want to use hints)
Next Topic: Performance tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 08:51:28 CDT 2024