Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » how to connect Oracle to PI OsiSoft?
how to connect Oracle to PI OsiSoft? [message #253316] Mon, 23 July 2007 08:23 Go to next message
bbaz
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. But I thought this issue is related to Interfaces.

I have a PI historian from OSISOFT storing real-time data. I am developing an Oracle form but I need to connect to PI and fetch "live" on the fly data related to specific TAGS that are in the PI DB. I have the TAG name in ORACLE and I need to get the ACTUAL value associated with the TAG from PI.

Have someone ever tried doing this? What are the steps involved?

Is there a way to create an ORACLE stored procedure on the DB that can connect and retrieve data from PI?

Thanks in advance,
Baz
icon14.gif  Re: how to connect Oracle to PI OsiSoft? [message #267058 is a reply to message #253316] Wed, 12 September 2007 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaz
I have managed to Establish this connection by using Excel as a Middle Layer (Tier) between Oracle Forms and PI Historian (database).

STEPS involved:

1- Install PI-SDK and PI-DATALINK on the machine that needs to connect to PI.
2- Create and EXCEL sheet and List all the required Tags and their Sources in separate columns.
3- Specify INPUT CELLS AND OUTPUT CELLS in Excel
4- Create Lookup Cells that Take the INPUT from Oracle Form and Get the corresponding TAG from the sheet into the lookup Cell.
5- The OUTPUT CELLS should have the PI-call Functions:
=PIArcVal(D79,B80, 0,"PI_SERVER_NAME","interpolated")

Note: PI_SERVER_NAME is the PI Machine name, D79 is the TAG Name retrieved from the Lookup, B80 is the Time Cell passed to Excel From Oracle Form.

6- In Oracle Forms, Call the Excel Sheet by Creating OLE2 objects and pass into Excel the TAG Source and the Time, and Retrieve the Values.

I hope that others can benefit from this Solution as it took me some time to get Working Properly.

Cheers,
Baz
Re: how to connect Oracle to PI OsiSoft? [message #357569 is a reply to message #253316] Wed, 05 November 2008 20:03 Go to previous message
josekam
hi bbaz, what do you mean when you refer to the source ?

Is it the result that appears when you use the option "Pi Tag Search" and it shows something like this

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6923/pitagsearchua1.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/pitagsearchua1.jpg/1/w374.png

For example
source: \\localhost\BA:ACTIVE.1 Tag:BA:ACTIVE.1

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2008 20:06]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Asset Submission Procedure
Next Topic: Oracle Retek RMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:47:24 CDT 2024