Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules
Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265050] Wed, 05 September 2007 05:46 Go to next message
nic.
Hello together,

i have a "little" problem:

I want to create a backup from my Oracle DB. I use the following script with a DOS command:
exp userid=system/manager file=c:\full_exp.dmp log=c:\full_exp.log compress=no full=yes statistics=none consistent=yes

The main problem is the new DB. We want to import the backup but the problem is, that we use the system-user to create the backup. We want to import them on another user (fe. "XYZ").
On the old DB, the user "XYZ" is created and is a DBA.
When i want to start an export with the user "XYZ" i cant login with username / password.

Where is the problem? Do i have to change the properties / rules from user "XYZ"?

Thank for your help & with best regards

Nic.
Re: Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265067 is a reply to message #265050] Wed, 05 September 2007 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I want to create a backup from my Oracle DB. I use the following script with a DOS command:
exp userid=system/manager file=c:\full_exp.dmp log=c:\full_exp.log compress=no full=yes statistics=none consistent=yes

This is not a (database) backup.

Quote:
The main problem is the new DB. We want to import the backup but the problem is...
When i want to start an export with the user "XYZ" i cant login with username / password

Export or import, be clear.

Quote:
Where is the problem?

I ask you the same question. I don't understand if you have a problem during export or import.

If you export with a DBA you have to import with a DBA.

Regards
Michel
Re: Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265113 is a reply to message #265050] Wed, 05 September 2007 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nic.
I want to create a dump of the database.

This dump will be created by the user "system". I have another user, called "XYZ" which is a DBA. But i cant create a dump with this user!

I cant import the dump in the new DB because i must create the dump with the user "XYZ".

But i cant create a dump with this user. When i entered username and password the export stops cause UN & PW are wrong. But i have entered the UN & PW correct. So i cant create a valid dump to import it.

So, i think i have a problem with the export Cool

Have i to change some settings from the user "XYZ"?

Thank your for your help.
Re: Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265117 is a reply to message #265113] Wed, 05 September 2007 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I have another user, called "XYZ" which is a DBA. But i cant create a dump with this user!
...When i entered username and password the export stops cause UN & PW are wrong...

Copy and paste the command execution and not this... Please read and follow OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially what is said about IM speak.

Give a correct password.

Regards
Michel

Re: Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265145 is a reply to message #265117] Wed, 05 September 2007 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
We want to import them on another user (fe. "XYZ").

Use FROMUSER TOUSER clause in your import command.

and check the all related privileges for user through which you wanna IMPORT.
Re: Backup & Import Database | Problems with user-rules [message #265216 is a reply to message #265145] Wed, 05 September 2007 15:20 Go to previous message
mson77
Hello nic,

1) Regarding user/password:
You have 2 DB. Let's say DB1 and DB2.
DB1 you have data in it;
DB2 is an empty database (for instance);

To access DB1 you have to have "user/passwd" of DB1. Use this credentials to make EXP (export);
To populate DB2 using IMP (import)... you have to have credential to access DB2... I mean: "user/passwd" of DB2. At this time... forget the "user/passwd" of DB1 because you are interacting with DB2 to import data in it.

2) Regarding your error...:
Did you do export successfully? What was the message after running the EXP command? Did you see the log file? Did you see content in the file DMP that has been created?

Are you able to connect via SQLPLUS on DB2 using "system" user?
Use this system/passwd to make the IMP.

And always... when you post your doubt... consider that the readers have first to understand your doubt/question to help you. As clear/full is the information you write... chances are bigger to get help.

Regards,

mson77
Previous Topic: What is the best way to load Excel sheet data in to Oracle database Tables?
Next Topic: ORA-00942 (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 03:43:49 CDT 2024