Home » Server Options » Replication » Refresh Completed or Not (Oracle 9i R2 , Windows 2000)
Refresh Completed or Not [message #276147] Wed, 24 October 2007 02:12 Go to next message
babuknb

Hi,

I done advanced replication in oracle 9i. Daily we need to transfer data to materialized view site.

There is no problem in data transferring. But once complete data transfer i check v$mvrefresh table. Only one object always showing.

I checked that object in mater and materialized view site it's valid and that object exits in master group, replication object and refresh group also. Even there is no error msg appearing.

May i know reason. Once complete data transfer, Always why waiting particular objects in v$mvrefresh.

Oracle Saying..

1. If a fast refresh was succeeding but then fails, then check whether:
The materialized view log was truncated, purged, or dropped.
You still have the required privileges on the materialized view log.

2. If a force refresh takes an inordinately long time, then check if the materialized view log used by the refresh has been dropped.

Both condition working well. there is no problem. Any thing else ??

[Updated on: Thu, 25 October 2007 01:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Refresh Completed or Not [message #276750 is a reply to message #276147] Fri, 26 October 2007 04:30 Go to previous message
babuknb

If you are seeing the same object, then the reason could be that the session that did the data transfer is still connected even after the data transfer is over. Once that session disconnects, the session will be gone and the object will disappear from v$mvrefresh

Problem fixed.

Babu B
Previous Topic: MV
Next Topic: replication job broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:55:59 CDT 2024