Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Can I use Clusterware without RAC?
Can I use Clusterware without RAC? [message #278114] Thu, 01 November 2007 18:59 Go to next message
thkouk
I would like to know the licensing scheme of Oracle Clusterware. Is it free for use? Is it provided with Oracle Enterprise Edition?
Is it only provided as a part of a licence for RAC? Can it be licensed seperately? Confused
Plz inform me beacuse I can't find this info on Oracle website.

And I am very confused, is Oracle Clusterware needed to implement Data Guard? Data Guard is provided with Enterprise DB licence, but in the documentation I have found, the steps advise to setup Clusterware and ASM before.

Thanks in advance for any answers
Re: Can I use Clusterware without RAC? [message #278117 is a reply to message #278114] Thu, 01 November 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
Oracle Clusterware is not required to implement Data Guard.
Re: Can I use Clusterware without RAC? [message #278266 is a reply to message #278117] Fri, 02 November 2007 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Heres the some documentation about creation and maintenance of DATA GUARD and RAC.

http://www.scribd.com/search?query=ORACLE+DATAGUARD
Re: Can I use Clusterware without RAC? [message #288075 is a reply to message #278114] Fri, 14 December 2007 12:37 Go to previous message
philflorent
Imo Oracle Clusterware can be used without a special license :
- on a server with the OS Oracle Enterprise Linux
- on a server with another licensed Oracle product installed
- on a server accessing data stored in an Oracle Database
Previous Topic: How to move existing database to RAC
Next Topic: Patching RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:13:24 CDT 2024