Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10
Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #278904] Tue, 06 November 2007 04:38 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Dear all!

I have to uninstall the Oracle 10g setup by the other on Solaris 10g, SPARC - 64bit. Using C shell, I execute some operation according to the Oracle guide following:

Step 1: Export ORACLE_HOME

vtf% setenv ORACLE_HOME /sparch/app/oracle/product/10g

Step 2: Set Display

vtf% setenv DISPLAY 190.10.10.67:0.0

Step 3: Stop services running
vtf% cd product
vtf% cd 10g
vtf% cd bin
vtf$ emctl dbconsole
--[i]It returned /sparch/app/oracle/product emctl does not exit[/i]--

Same to the other services such as isqlplusctl, searchctl.. it returned that they do not exit.

Step 4: Call Oracle Universal Installer
vtf% cd product
vtf% cd 10g
vtf% cd oui
vtf$ cd bin
vtf% runInstaller

In this step, one error occured like
Quote:

The Java Environment has one error, /tmp/OraInstall-31-10_8-07AM/jre/bin/java does not exit. Please visit and download jre at http://java.com

Would you have one advice to me?

Because this is the server, hence, it can not connect to Internet, and I must have using Xmanger program to install Oracle, and FTP to put Oracle setup original files to it. However, unfortunately, both of FTP or XManager did not connect to this server with same comment like:
Quote:

Not on console system, root login rejected

What's this error? What do I do now?

Thank you very much!

[Updated on: Tue, 06 November 2007 04:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #278906 is a reply to message #278904] Tue, 06 November 2007 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Don't connect as root, connect as Oracle owner.

Regards
Michel
Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #278928 is a reply to message #278906] Tue, 06 November 2007 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you, Michel!

I know that I must connect by user oracle to install/uninstall. Yeah, I repaired this error by editing 2 files:

/ect/ftpd --> remove the user root in ftpusers file 

This step allows I use ftp

/etc/default/ --> add comment (#) to the line Console=/dev/console in login file. 

Thank you.

However, one error that relative to JRE had not resolved, although I set JAVA_HOME (in opt/oracle/bin/java/). And I decided that I deleted all of them, including %ORACLE_HOME%, datafile, users.. manually. I know that it's silly.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 November 2007 05:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #278947 is a reply to message #278928] Tue, 06 November 2007 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Not so silly.
If this is your only Oracle installation, remove also Oracle inventory (see in /etc/oraInst.loc or /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc for its location).

Regards
Michel
Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #278984 is a reply to message #278947] Tue, 06 November 2007 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you for your guide, Michel!

I removed, exactly, deleted it - /etc/NsOracle directory, delete user and group Oracle, but when I checked again by this command
vtf% /more/var/oracle/oraIns.loc 

I saw that the group DBA still was displayed. Can I manually add group and user Oracle, DBA without warning?

Thank you!
Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #279004 is a reply to message #278984] Tue, 06 November 2007 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

I saw that the group DBA still was displayed

I don't understand, when it is displayed?

Quote:

Can I manually add group and user Oracle, DBA without warning?

Yes you can, it is even mandatory to create these objects before installing Oracle.

Regards
Michel
Re: Help me to unistall Oracle in Solaris 10 [message #279106 is a reply to message #279004] Tue, 06 November 2007 23:10 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
This is my mistake:

When I change owner and change mode to the oracle user with

#chown -R oracle:dba 
#chmod -R 775 oracle:dba /var/opt/bin

Then, the file named as _unix_account.so in /usr/lib/system returned the line from system
Quote:

user root can not (or something else, I did not remember exactly) or modiy /usr/lib/system/_unix_account_so and /usr/lib/system/_unix_account.so1

And I can not connect to the system with user root, after 2 minutes later, the system failed, and I decide shutdown it about 30 minutes.

Would you like to have some idea?

Thank in advanced!
Previous Topic: Variables from SQLPLUS to UNIX
Next Topic: Awk in a for loop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:20:07 CDT 2024