Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » cluster manager does not start on node 1
cluster manager does not start on node 1 [message #294840] Sat, 19 January 2008 23:59 Go to next message
vijaychauhan
hi!
I am configuring oracle 9i rac on rhel 3, it is a firewire based two node system. I am using raw device. I have installed the cluster manager and then when I, start the cluster manager it does not start from first node. However the cluster manager service starts on the second node. It gives the following message in the log.
ERROR : OenInits(): can't open file (/dev/raw/raw-1)-6,
tid=main:16384 file =oem.c, line=500
---DUMP GROUP STATE DB ---

TRACE : CAN'T READ REGISTRY VALUE FOR WATCHDOGDSAFETYMARGIN,
TID= MAIN:16384 FILE=UINXINC.C, LINE =1011
Re: cluster manager does not start on node 1 [message #295520 is a reply to message #294840] Tue, 22 January 2008 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vijaychauhan
The firewire disk is getting detected only on one node at a time, if I, do fdisk -l then it will show the /dev/sda1 etc on only one node, if I, shut both the system and then start the second node earlier then the firewire disk will be shown on other node and the cluster manager starts only on that node having the firewire. Any ideas for getting it detected on both the nodes.
Re: cluster manager does not start on node 1 [message #295660 is a reply to message #295520] Wed, 23 January 2008 00:50 Go to previous message
vishym_68
Hi,
Have you configured the Shared Device to be accessed by multiple hosts in the /etc/modules.conf file.

options sbp2 sbp2_exclusive_login=0

It is important that the parameter sbp2_exclusive_login of the Serial Bus Protocol module sbp2 is set to zero to allow multiple hosts to log into or to access the FireWire storage at the same time.
Previous Topic: Performance Deviation between RAC nodes
Next Topic: Basic questions regarding Shared Storage Device
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:55:18 CDT 2024