Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Domain name change
icon1.gif  Domain name change [message #295464] Tue, 22 January 2008 06:54 Go to next message
Heba
hi,,

i need help on this situation, and i could not solve it through searching google

2 copies of a database, synchronised by Data Guard, and there are a third server for the third-party application
the company intend to change the domain name

what shall we do to maintain the databases, the Data Guard settings, and the connection to the application

i appreciate your help

HEBA
Re: Domain name change [message #296021 is a reply to message #295464] Thu, 24 January 2008 03:56 Go to previous message
mkbhati
Sorry....... to pick it up little late (after 2 days)

Assuming you are on windows & intend to change your network domain name if not then please correct me.

1. If you are maintaining AD based Domain with DNS than go ahead & change your domain name but your AD & DNS must be updated first. After this ensure you are able to resolve hosts correctly.

2. On Oracle change DB_DOMAIN if you are using it in your database. Do it only when your network part of domain name change is complete.

3. If your configuration files e.g. tnsnames.ora, listener.ora & sqlnet.ora are using FQDN (fully qualified domain names type host naming e.g. you.yourdomain.com) type host naming than change them also.

4. Your Net Net admin will be able to guide you better (If you have one at your site). From Oracle side rest assure so long as any host name you have provided in your config files,SPFILE/Pfile, dblinks etc can be resolved by DNS oracle will never complain.

Hope this will suffice for the moment.

Regards

Manjir Kumar [mkbhati]

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2008 03:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: listener problem
Next Topic: IPv6 and Oracle 9i -10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:55:31 CDT 2024