Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How do I log into Oracle via LDAP? Is there an example? (Oracle 9i on AIX, Connecting from Windows using Active Directory)
How do I log into Oracle via LDAP? Is there an example? [message #300173] Thu, 14 February 2008 08:44
William Lightner
I need to be able to do an LDAP connection to Oracle. The ID that I need to use is defined only via LDAP (Active Directory) for security (Sarbane/Oxley) reasons.

Currently I can log into this ID on Windows XP, then use the command line: "SQLPLUS /@sid" to get a valid connection and run queries/updates. I want to be able to do this from a Java application, so that I can run a set of canned support queries using this ID (or others like it), under administrative control, and minimize or remove the need for using the command line SQLPLUS.

I've spent a day digging through everything that looks relevant. I know next to zero about LDAP (and would rather not need to become an expert). The documentation that I've seen seem incomplete and confusing. I've seen no examples that make complete sense. It is never clear whether the documents are talking about Oracle's LDAP product or connecting to an external LDAP product (which is my case).

I am going to continue to dig, but this seems the place to ask this question.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Previous Topic: Restriction on Application Level Users
Next Topic: user roles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:02:07 CDT 2024