Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » Help With Installation (Business Int 10.1.3.3.2)
Help With Installation [message #302161] Sun, 24 February 2008 05:06 Go to next message
rickgoodger
Hi,

I am trying to install OBIEE to evaluate it on my home computer. I have Oracle 10g and Oracle Application Server Installed but when i am prompted to provide the location of App server in the OBIEE installation i cant find the correct file. Have i installed App server in the wrong place, it says it should be in (Oracle_Home) i am not sure what this is. I just followed the default path for the installation.

What is the actual name of the file i should be providing?

Any help would be much appreciated

THanks
Re: Help With Installation [message #302177 is a reply to message #302161] Sun, 24 February 2008 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
You have a complete iAS server installation on your home computer? Generally speaking, that's not recommended (too heavy for a normal PC).
If you don't need iAS for other purposes, I would recoomend to de-install it and during the installation of OBIEE choose the option to install OC4J with it. Much easier, both for you and your computer Wink
Re: Help With Installation [message #302181 is a reply to message #302177] Sun, 24 February 2008 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickgoodger
Hi, yes i have installed the complete App Server. Where is the option to install OC4J with OBIEE? When i try and install it i dont see anything like that option. I am using the latest version of OBIEE from the Oracle Website.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated
Re: Help With Installation [message #302189 is a reply to message #302177] Sun, 24 February 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickgoodger
Hi again,

I have done what you suggested and unistalled App Server. Instead i have installed Sun Java Developer Kit which OBIEE says is necessary. When it asks for the location of this JDK in the OBIEE installation no matter what i give it just does not work. Would someone please be able to let me know what i am doing wrong. What link should i be giving here? I am very keen to evaluate this software.

THanks
Re: Help With Installation [message #302316 is a reply to message #302189] Mon, 25 February 2008 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Worked for me... so I'm not sure what the problem can be. Did you follow the installation manual? About the Java component, it states:

Java SDK 1.5.0 or later
CAUTION: Before you run the Oracle
Business Intelligence installer using
the Basic installation type, Java SDK
must be installed. Otherwise, key
components will fail to work.
NOTE: For all deployments of Oracle BI installed using
the Basic Installation Type on all operating systems.
Java must be installed on the same machine on which
you are installing Oracle Business Intelligence.
TIP: You need this information during the installation.
Make a note of the directory where Java is installed.
For example, /usr/j2sdk1.5.0_04.

By the way: this is another issue then you described earlier, again dealing with paths. Are you by any chance installing something that is not certified for the OS you're on? Are you aware of the fact that OBI EE is (as far as I'm aware of) not certified on Vista?
Re: Help With Installation [message #302455 is a reply to message #302177] Mon, 25 February 2008 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickgoodger
Thanks. Managed to install it in the end!

Would you be able to recomend a decent textbook which covers all the basics of Oracle?
Re: Help With Installation [message #302542 is a reply to message #302455] Tue, 26 February 2008 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Take a look at the "Getting Started" or the "Most Popular" sections of Oracle Documentation page (this is a link to 10g, but you may choose any other version if you wish). Bookmark Oracle Technology Network as a reference site (or even Tahiti).
Re: Help With Installation [message #320092 is a reply to message #302161] Wed, 14 May 2008 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aryanna

Hey, This topic help me. Any configuration guide?
Re: Help With Installation [message #321183 is a reply to message #320092] Mon, 19 May 2008 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Did you check the documentation LF mentioned?

BTW: it's better to create a new post stating the problem you have, instead of using an old post. Now it's a bit confusing (to me at least) what the problem is you have.
Re: Help With Installation [message #321635 is a reply to message #321183] Tue, 20 May 2008 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aryanna

Hi,

Thanks,
Myself stupid. Forget tu 'Start' the OC4J. Very Happy

Regards,
Re: Help With Installation [message #328791 is a reply to message #321635] Sun, 22 June 2008 18:15 Go to previous message
kamzap
I found a very nice Pictorial info on this link to install OBIEE on windows XP

good luck

http://www.infopurple.com/obiee-installation-steps
Previous Topic: BI Installaion Error
Next Topic: repeating header & footer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:43:59 CDT 2024