Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How long does it take to run this map?
How long does it take to run this map? [message #302274] Mon, 25 February 2008 02:26 Go to next message
realsoft-jo
Hello,

I have a map that should run on about 10 million records, its business logic contains 14 lookup tables, 3 expressions and 2 joiners, the Loading type of the target table is (Update/Insert) (if the merge statement generated would effect the performance!!).

the look up tables doesn't contain more than a 1000 records except one that contains about 6.5 million records, and I used a joiner with a table contains about 3.5 million records. another thing, the map transfers data over a DB link (again, I don't know if this effects its performance but I guess it might! well, need your opinion in this Smile )

I'm using OWB 10.2 and Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production

I would really appreciate if some one could approximate the time it should take or could tell how these operators would act or even a glims of their performance, the map has been running for 24 hours now and not finished yet..

Thanks in advance,
Re: How long does it take to run this map? [message #302363 is a reply to message #302274] Mon, 25 February 2008 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alaa_abdu

Dear
till now there is no way to get an estimation on the time of runing any map, eash map runing time depends on many factors/ number of records / number of expressions ,transformations, and any other map contents .
it also depends on your server aspects, number of CPU's/ available memory/..etc

ive ben woirking with OWB 9.1 /9.2/10.1/10.2
according to my experience u can do a very good job to minimize the runing time for the map, by reviewing and recreating indexes according to your joins and transformations.

you also can do some changes on the DB parameters. some parameters like how many CPU's should working to run process (dont remmeber the paramater name Embarassed )

any way u could minimize the time from several hours to few minutes.

regards
Re: How long does it take to run this map? [message #302382 is a reply to message #302363] Mon, 25 February 2008 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
realsoft-jo
Salam 3lykom 3la',

thank you for your replay, it seems am dealing with an experienced man, which is an honor of mine Smile unlike me, i'm still a beginner Razz

I'm interested in the DB parameters you mentioned that can help increasing the performance, so if you have any reference I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with it Smile

Thanks again 3la' Wink
Re: How long does it take to run this map? [message #302530 is a reply to message #302382] Tue, 26 February 2008 01:07 Go to previous message
alaa_abdu

salam 3alikom Very Happy

come on raja Very Happy
its my pleasure,

Check this link it will give u a better look on this DB parameter

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_builder_opq_cpu.htm

this will help only if your server have multiple CPU's, and it only use single one at the query time / map JOIN .

any way, check it and dont forget the major change will happend if you did a better indexing tuning , internal selects tuning .

salam 3alikom
Previous Topic: loading a flat file
Next Topic: Snowflake schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:36:58 CDT 2024